HGV and Van Technician
Due to continued growth we need to add more staff to the team. Based in East London / Essex and with over 60 years trading you will be joining a long established and stable business that offers opportunities for personal development.
The role is primarily based in our workshops which includes 2 ATF lanes, 2 Class 4, 5 & 7 MOT bays and a tacho centre, however you may be required to support the mobile technicians from time to time. We are a large independent so the variety of work is good as we maintain all the main chassis manufacturers vehicles and all associated specialist equipment.
We offer a competitive salary, training, work clothing and access to the company pension scheme.
Vehicle technician carrying out the full range of repairs and inspections on various manufacturers vehicles with various body types, of all ages.
Summary of Job offer
- Various shift options – Days, Alternating shift (early / late) or permanent late shift
- Saturday working offered on a rota (06:00 – 12:00hrs)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Overtime normally available
- Option to support roadside service and repair activities
- Permanent job
- Annual reviews on skills and performance drive wage reviews
- Qualified to NVQ / City & Guilds or equivalent (if you are time served and hold no qualifications – please contact us)
- Strong technical background and the ability to diagnose and repair faults effectively
- Prepared to be flexible on working times and hours worked on a day by day basis
- should have a “can do” attitude
- be able to work independently or as part of a team
Desirable attributes and experience:
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic experience
- Electrical diagnosis
- HGV/PSV driving license
- Basic IT literacy would be a benefit but not essential
We are firmly committed to equal opportunities and believe everyone should be treated with respect and in a fair and equal manner regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
We endeavour to respond in person to every application, however this is not always possible. If you have not been contacted within 7 days it please call 0208-594-2477.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and we look forward to your application.